Part-Time 4-H STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) YOUTH DEVELOIPMENT EDUCATOR
Department: USU Extension Service
Hourly Rate: $11.50
Employment Type: Part-Time 19 hours per week after school 1-6 pm with flexibility.
Job Description Work as a team with Utah State University (USU) Extension faculty and staff to provide 4-H youth programming targeting Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM) in the community.
Example of Duties Organize and teach STEM-related workshops/camps and contests. Recruit and assist adult and youth volunteers to teach, build and strengthen the 4-H STEM Program in Weber County. Help to organize and maintain 4-H resources. Establish collaborations and form partnerships with other local/state/federal agencies and other educational entities in order to further the 4-H program in the county. Support the civil rights mandate of Utah State University Extension and implement innovative approaches to reach diverse audiences. Fulfill University Extension requirements for reporting and evaluation. Work with 4-H professionals to produce a variety of 4-H curriculum/project manuals – especially targeted on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math). Other related work as required.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate with at least six months experience and/or education working with youth.
- Must be able to work effectively with volunteers, youth and families.
- Must be available during the afterschool hours of 1 pm-6 pm with some flexibility and some evenings and weekends
- Self-starter with good follow through and ability to work with little supervision.
- Must own vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Employment contingent upon cleared background check.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- College education in social science or youth development education.
- Experience teaching in a hands-on/learning by doing environment.
- Knowledge of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) abilities.
- Knowledge and experience of current technology and computer hardware, computer software, including word processing.
- Ability to speak Spanish.