Full-Time Deputy Sheriff Corrections Officer
Position is open to both men and women 21 yrs. or older. This is a full-time position working rotating 12 hr shifts including weekends and holidays. Wage is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, retirement, and more.
Qualified candidates chosen for this position must be willing to relocate or live in Duchesne County within 60 days of hire. Selected candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position may be eligible for relocation assistance.
Qualified candidates must work under the supervision of the Duchesne County Sheriff to perform a variety of duties as needed related to the operation of the County Jail. Individuals must be able to work with prisoners of all levels from minimum to maximum security and be confident and professional in enforcing the rules, regulations, and policies at the jail.
These individuals must also possess strong interpersonal and some technical writing skills, demonstrate the ability to learn and interpret Utah Code, jail policies and regulations related to jail incidents. Individuals must demonstrate ability to properly respond to emergency and crisis situations, exercise independent judgment to problem-solve, and manage inmate conduct. Individuals must be able to follow verbal and written instructions, communicate effectively with all levels of command and the public.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants do not have to be certified to be considered, but must take and pass the National Peace Officers Selection Test (NPOST) with a score of 70% or better to be considered. All applicants must attach a copy of NPOST scores to the Employment
Application. Testing locations throughout the state, visit:
Prior to Peace Officer Standards Training (POST), all applicants will undergo and must pass:
The POST Entrance Physical Requirements:
• Vertical Jump (14.5 inches)
• Sit-Ups (23 Reps-One Minute)
• Push-Ups (14 Reps -Maximum repetitions with no time constraint and no rest during this phase of the test)
• 1.5 Mile Run (16:11)
• a written exam
• an oral interview
• a comprehensive background investigation, drug testing and a psychological evaluation
Qualified candidates must also:
• be 21 years of age at the time of hire
• be a citizen of the United States and become a resident of Duchesne County
• possess and maintain a valid Utah Driver’s License Duchesne County
• not have a disqualifying criminal history
• bilingual Spanish desired, but not required
Current Corrections Officers must have proof of Special Functions Officer and Basic Corrections Officer Certificates
Do you Qualify?
To determine your eligibility for consideration, visit: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/post/prospective/qualify.html
The Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to require additional qualifications.
How to Apply
- County website at http://duchesne.utah.gov. Send completed application, resume, and proof of certifications.
- By email: email@example.com
- In person: Duchesne County Administrative Office Building, 734 N Center St, Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- By Mail: ATTN: Personnel Office, Duchesne County, P.O. Box 346, Duchesne, Utah 84021-0346