Full-Time Engineering Technician I
POSITION: Engineering Technician I Posting# 7005-0518sr
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS TO APPLICATION:
- College transcripts and/or diploma if related to position – internet printouts & photocopies are acceptable
STARTING SALARY: Step 24 – 30 $16.65 – $19.17 Hourly $1,332.31 – $1,533.55 Bi-weekly
Salary will be determined upon experience and or education Plus benefits package – Step increase available after completing probation and annually thereafter.
OPENING DATE: May 29, 2018 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
*All applications received by June 12, 2018 will be screened by the HR Office.
Those applicants meeting the specified qualifications will be referred for a hiring interview. The Human Resources Office will continue to consider qualified candidates as needed until the position is filled.
The eligibility list created by this posting may be used to fill current full or part time vacancies and full or part time vacancies and grant funded vacancies that occur within the next two (2) months
For additional information see the job description at – – http://www.utahcounty.gov/jobs
Under direction of the Senior Engineering Technician, perform various duties to support inspecting, and managing county roads and other public works projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repair, replace, and create new county signs as needed.
- Assist in performing inventory and inspections of county roads, bridges, signs, and county properties.
- Order signage supplies and materials as needed.
- Assist in performing inspections for excavation and access permits.
- Assist in the inspection of subdivisions to ensure conformance to plans and adherence to county development standards.
- Assist in the management and site inspection of construction projects.
- Supervise and coordinate projects with contractors and developers.
- Inspect county projects including chip sealing, drainage, road maintenance, safety, signing, and road and bridge construction.
- Collect data on county projects.
- Inspect quality control efforts on county construction projects.
- Assist with reviewing storm water management plans for construction projects within the county.
- Assist with inspections of construction projects to ensure compliance with storm water regulations.
- Assist in the forming and pouring of concrete footings, slabs, and walls.
- Assist in the framing and erecting of small structures.
- Assist in maintaining flood channels and debris basins including cleanup, monitoring for unsafe conditions, and adjusting discharge rates.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS INCLUDE:
Knowledge of storm water regulations
Knowledge of the principles and practices of traffic control, signage, and pavement marking
Knowledge of access permit requirements
Knowledge of county development standards
Skilled in reading, writing, and basic math
Skilled in pouring and forming concrete
Skilled in the use of power equipment and hand tools
Skilled in operating and maintaining field engineering equipment
Skilled in directing the work of others
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work activities
Ability to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations
Ability to read and interpret standard construction plans and maps
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Ability to follow written and oral instructions
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- High school diploma
- Three (3) years of work experience performing civil engineering activities
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience may also be considered
Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and additional background checks as required.