Full-Time HR Assistant
PURPOSE: Performs a variety of administrative and complex clerical duties as needed to assist in the day-to-day maintenance of county-wide human resource programs and processes. Assists to monitor county-wide compliance with established policies and procedures. Works under the general supervision of the County HR Director.
- Initiates labor market recruitments for new and vacant positions; utilizes jobs available network to apprise the market place of job openings; prepares and places advertisements in papers and other media; receives and screens applications, reviews applications to determine compliance with minimum qualifications; provides notice to unsuccessful applicants; maintains recruitment files.
- Creates and maintains human resource records; obtains criminal background checks on new employees.
- Assists to maintain policy manuals; updates policy manuals to reflect changes.
- Assists the public and employees on a day-to-day basis in the office or on the telephone; responds to questions and provides information regarding personnel practices, policies and procedures.
- Orients employees to benefit programs, eligibility and participation requirements; conducts new hire employment orientations to apprise workers of terms and conditions of employment, policies, procedures, opportunities, benefits and privileges; assists employees in selection and enrollment in county provided benefits.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from college with an associate’s degree in general studies, personnel administration, public administration or a related field;
- Two (2) years of experience related to the management of human resources, including but not limited to, recruitment and selection activities, benefit program administration and computer based records management;
- An equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Full Time with Benefits
Starting wage will be based on experience and qualifications