Full-Time OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
Insures that the facility and facility equipment is operating and is constantly in well-maintained condition. Operate and maintain mechanical equipment such as generators, motors, boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment.. Maintain electrical systems, lighting fixtures, and electrical components of machinery and equipment. Install temporary utilities as events dictate.
- Perform General Repairs on the building. (I.E. Drywall & Paint patches, pluming maintenance & repairs. PVC & Copper)
- Service & maintain lighting fixtures while keeping an organized inventory of supplies. (I.E. Light bulbs.)
- Manage facility carpet cleaning program along with maintenance & service of carpet cleaning systems.
- Maintain & repair custodial equipment. (I.E. Vacuums & Floor Cleaners.)
- Visually inspect equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Diagnose and replace malfunctioning apparatus and components such as transformers, motors, relays, switches, and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Record operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator logbook.
- Support conference center events by temporarily installing and dismantling utilities (I.E. electrical & audio/visual) as events dictate.
- Support conference center client needs for events. (I.E. Hanging banners, moving materials, etc…)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, which include assisting other departments with regard to maintenance and event services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1 -3 years experience in a convention center, hotel, hospital or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and climb stairs.
- Knowledge of boom lifts, scissor lifts and fork lifts.
- Posses a valid Utah driver license.
Shifts and days worked will vary as events dictate. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Ogden Eccles Conference Center is an EOE/AA employer.