Full-Time Patrol Deputy
Performs a wide range of working level professional law enforcement duties related to enforcement to secure a safe environment for County citizens including: patrol, investigations, school resource, drug court tracking, mental health tracking, drug task force, and civil process. Protects citizen’s rights as established by Federal, State, and local laws.
Full Time Benefits / Lateral Starting Pay $18.60 to $21.00 DOE
Hours: Various/ Shift work to include holidays, nights and weekends.
Minimum Qualifications and Conditions:
- Graduation from High School or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A candidate must have at least 2 years of previous law enforcement patrol experience as a POST-certified LEO and either be currently working with a law enforcement agency in this capacity or have been employed in this capacity within 12 months prior to the date of application with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
- Candidates would be required to meet all minimum requirements to become a Sheriff’s Deputy, to include passing a Utah Post BCO Academy within the first 18 months of employment.
- Candidates must successfully complete all stages of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office testing process. The testing stages include the following: Physical Agility Test at POST LEO Entrance Standard, Background Investigation, Computer Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA), Interview, and Chemical Screening.
Physical Agility Test
Candidates will be contacted to participate in the physical agility test, once their application has been screened to ensure minimum qualifications have been met.
Physical agility testing at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, 750 S 5300 W, Hurricane, Utah 84737
Saturday, January 20th 2017, at 1:00 PM
How to Apply
- Application and complete job description can be found on our website: http://www.washco.utah.gov/forms/human-resources/jobs/
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.