Full-Time Survey Technician
Performs, under general supervision, a variety of tasks related to land and engineering survey work for County projects.
Three (3) years’ experience in at least one of the constructions trades.
Must take and pass the Level I certified Survey Technician (CST) exam within the first six months of employment.
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Surveying, Drafting, Pre-engineering, or Geographic Studies, plus two (2) years of directly related experience; OR Four (4) years of directly related education and experience.
Must have or be able to obtain a valid Utah driver’s license issued by the State of Utah in order to operate a County vehicle.
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of field, office and survey equipment.
- Assists Crew Chief in field calculations, data collection, and evaluation. Maintains complete and accurate survey field notes and assists in entering such notes in the County Surveyors database.
- Assists Crew Chief in the deployment and use of safety equipment and traffic control procedures to insure compliance with federal, state, and county regulations
- Assists in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of Salt Lake County survey control network.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of an elevation bench mark system.
- Assists in the monument preservation permit checking process.
- Achieves departmental goals and objectives by working with and sharing information between staff, departmental representatives, the public and other agencies.
- Recovers, manufactures, installs, repairs, references and maintains an inventory of survey monuments and supplies. Coordinates disbursements of monuments.
- Operates equipment, collects data and makes calculations necessary to record monuments and make determinations of the relative position of record vs. actual values.
- Reads and interprets pertinent survey descriptions
- Investigates validity of complaints and initiates corrective action by using appropriate county policies and procedures.
Salary Range: $35,040 to $48,500